www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Flash triggers
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Flash triggers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnyM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Flash triggers Reply with quote

Hello!
Im building a "macroscope" basing on old PZO microscope, bellows, trinocular head and other parts. I want to use a6000 with 3 flashes in total (PORST MDC-400). 2 lamps for epi and 1 lamp for dia illumination. So far i've been using just 1 lamp on microscopes, coupled via wire (i dont like batteries). My question is: Is there a way to couple (by wire) 2-3 lamps to one camera? I want to use either just 1 lamp (for dia) or 2 at once (for epi).
Thanks!
Greenfields

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyM

If the feet of the additional two flashes (the slave units) are illuminated by the main flash unit a slave trigger like this will work:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005GX3DOQ

eBay or Amazon in your own country will probably have similar products, some of which have very low prices.

Any delay is much less than the flash duration.

Your comment about not liking batteries may mean that you are using external power to re-charge the flashes. As far as I know each flash will then need its own external power supply.

All you need are inexpensive flashes. If you plan to use focus stacking and fire lots of flashes in succession there is a risk that units will either shut down unexpectedly to cool at some point or if they don't have that protection they may crack or fail if a flash head becomes too hot.

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: