www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - First butterfly scales
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
First butterfly scales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Buckel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: First butterfly scales Reply with quote

I have slowly been setting up to photograph at higher magnifications, but work has been getting in the way of me experimenting. This is the first time I used a Nikon 10X Plan Achromat Eclipse Objective mounted on a 180 mm Tamron Macro lens with my Nikon D800. I stacked 76 images for this one.

I had been picking up components from suggestions I read on this forum and I took a workshop from Abbott Nature Photography with that workshop i captured this image. I have had time to process this photo and I have a few more to work on in the near future.

This is from the wing of an Urania moth, these curved scales look interesting and am hooked on this type of macro.

Thanks to all that helped me out!

Scott

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I especially like the inclusion of that one different scale. It somehow makes the others look more "real".

--Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: