www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Photo of Ploum
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Photo of Ploum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ploum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some photos

Objective : rodagon 135 mm, BW APO 2x, Compon S 80 mm, nikon CFI 4x, APO componon 40 mm, componon 28 mm, APO plan 10x, Mitutoyo APO 10x, BW APO SLWD 20x. Nikon CF EPI 10x, APO SEIWA 20x, MACRO ZUIKO 35 mm, nikon MPLAN ELWD 0.5 40x, NIKON CFI PF 10x.
ploum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

without stack

with stack

Objective : rodagon 135 mm, BW APO 2x, Compon S 80 mm, nikon CFI 4x, APO componon 40 mm, componon 28 mm, APO plan 10x, Mitutoyo APO 10x, BW APO SLWD 20x. Nikon CF EPI 10x, APO SEIWA 20x, MACRO ZUIKO 35 mm, nikon MPLAN ELWD 0.5 40x, NIKON CFI PF 10x.
abpho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Globular Springtail.
JL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred, congratulations for getting your Cyanotrichite photo into photomacrography´s "Hall of Fame".
ploum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i'll come back soon, lose time with administration. My country is the best for that.

Thanks Smile

J'll come back soon. I was busy; in France we need lose time for nothing.

lauriek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are without question some of the nicest micro mineral shots I've seen.

Your rig works great, regardless of what it looks like. (And what really matters, what your rig looks like or what your pictures look like?) Smile
ploum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Laurie Wink
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These images are superb!

I suspect the most important aspect is the illumination. You manage to get nice uniform reflections from even the shiniest surfaces, without blowing out the highlights.

At this point I think we understand your focusing setup pretty well.

But I would be very interested to hear and see more about your illumination setup.

What sorts of light sources and diffusers do you use, and how do you have them arranged?

--Rik
ploum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: simple Reply with quote

I use a tracing paper juste a simple paper : semi diffusion with a directional control.

I use 10 LED IKEA with a tracing paper stick to obtain good and soft diffusion but i keep a directional control. Not too small not too big source. These LED are near tracing pacing paper around mineralogical specimen (horizontal stacking).

For me important is 50 % diffusion 50 % directional. Lightning must be enough flexible to be uniform when i stack but Under control for reflexion.

Smile
Lothar-Gutjahr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ploum,

CHAPEAU !

I must say you show us the best mineralphotos i have ever seen. My question : are you using so called Micro mounts ? Beside the objects will be rather rare, i have the possibility to run motorized with smallest steps of 0,2µm, this technic you show looks promising and i will probably take an insects eye to test it. This seems to me catching sharp pixels hidden from others? So running a magnitude of 200 µm in .4µm steps could allready go to 500 pics. As soon ill find a little time to start it, will try to do it.

Thanks for sharing ! Keep on doing and stay healty !

Lothar
ploum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use micromount too. In fact I take photo of all specimen big or small.

Some example

It's exactly same technics for all size.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: simple Reply with quote

ploum wrote:
I use a tracing paper juste a simple paper : semi diffusion with a directional control.

I use 10 LED IKEA with a tracing paper stick to obtain good and soft diffusion but i keep a directional control. Not too small not too big source. These LED are near tracing pacing paper around mineralogical specimen (horizontal stacking).

For me important is 50 % diffusion 50 % directional. Lightning must be enough flexible to be uniform when i stack but Under control for reflexion.

Smile

Thank you for the explanation. However, this is not really enough information to help someone else who wants to get the same high quality that your photos have.

The next time you are set up for shooting, can you please take some snapshots that show how you have the lights and diffusers set up around each of several specimens, and show those to us also? Thanks!

--Rik
ploum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see here this simple system. Under specimen a paper (tracing paper) with light.

A fly for example of results

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent -- thank you!

So, as far as I can tell, the subject is mostly surrounded by paper, and then you have a large number of LED's surrounding the paper so that the subject is bathed in light from all around it.

Does that sound like a good description, or have I missed something?

Do you change the position of the lights and paper for each specimen, to get the best appearance?

--Rik
ploum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't changer paper but i change all directions lights if it's usefull to obtain good reflexion. You have missed nothing i think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: