www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Last stack of the week-
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Last stack of the week-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MedicineMan4040

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Last stack of the week- Reply with quote

The hospital owns me every other week and my week off is over, so the last stack of the week Sad
Just a long ant with wings and serious jaws Smile

Two questions if any one has time.
External power source for the Canon Twin Flash-MT-24EX? Or do people resort to rechargeable?
The two different stacking methods in Zerene-can someone give me a nutshell of the differences please.

Pucker Up by MedicineMan4040, on Flickr
Carmen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Last stack of the week- Reply with quote

hello MedicineMan4040!
MedicineMan4040 wrote:
External power source for the Canon Twin Flash-MT-24EX? Or do people resort to rechargeable?

I have no stats in this regard. Hopefully others have some pertinent info', or at least personal experience.

MedicineMan4040 wrote:
The two different stacking methods in Zerene-can someone give me a nutshell of the differences please.

"PMax is . . . very good at finding and preserving detail even in low contrast or slightly blurred areas."

. . .

"DMap . . . does a better job keeping the original smoothness and colors, but it's not as good at finding and preserving detail."

source: DMap versus PMax

I'm a beginner like you, but so far I have acheived more convincing results with Pmax. Of course, one can judiciously combine the most convincing bits of both into a retouched photo.

great result with the above photo! Very Happy The horizontal approach is challenging, but the face to face eye level can have great visual impact!
MedicineMan4040

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you so very much Carmen.
I'm soon enough to combine the two methods in Zerene.
On my next off week we're off to a swampy dank and hopefully buggy lake far west of us. The venue there will be Osprey and live field macro where I don't think my studio stacking experience (or lack thereof) will have any benefits. Snakes there too Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: