Thought I posted this one but cannot find it ????

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MedicineMan4040

Thought I posted this one but cannot find it ????

Post by MedicineMan4040 »

If double posted please delete :)
I predict ChrisR will pick this one apart! But in all seriousness this was the look, the 'Nightmare Before Christmas' Burton look I was after. I'm not a morbid person at all but there is (to me) a certain morbid attraction I have to it.
ImageMusca by MedicineMan4040, on Flickr

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I predict ChrisR will pick this one apart!
Not at all! It's a striking image.
If you post in the beginners' section I/we are inclined to point out if there's something the photographer may not know about, that's all.
Nothing like that here though! This would sit well in the normal Studio Macro section.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

The image works well at the resolution posted here.

The enlarged view at Flickr is not so successful for me because the higher resolution makes obvious a number of "loss of detail" halos around major bristles. The ones that are simplest to spot are at the upper right, where the big bristles pass in front of wing texture. Notice that the wing texture just disappears in the vicinity of the bristle. Similar effects are visible at many other places in the image.

In Zerene Stacker, a good attack on this problem is to combine DMap and PMax outputs with retouching, as outlined in the Introduction to Retouching video tutorial.

--Rik

MedicineMan4040

I am floored!!!

I guess you figured (correctly) I never darkened the door to any Zerene tutorials! I thought all it did was stack :( What a brilliant video and technique....and to think I've been laboring in CS6 to iron out little issues; little issues that really add in a dramatic way to the final image.
What can I do but say thanks! I've been watching that video as I go through the process when time presents.
Sincerely.
Robert

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

What can I do but say thanks!
:idea: Post a retouched, improved image??! :D

MedicineMan4040

I would like too but....

I don't keep original images....wish I could just not enough storage space what's change is another project to work on when time money allow and yes memory is cheap now but I'm supposed to be saving for a trip....well that's what she says :)
But believe me, next stack I'll be attempting the edits in Zerene.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic