www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Next attempt
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Next attempt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MedicineMan4040

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Next attempt Reply with quote

This time I'm stacking every other pic, why? Because the shutter fires via StackShot before the flash can recharge. Now this is where I go into universal settings and increase the Tsettle correct?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Next attempt Reply with quote

MedicineMan4040 wrote:
Now this is where I go into universal settings and increase the Tsettle correct?

Exactly.

Looking great!

--Rik
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip - take a single frame focused in the middle of the depth, with a smaller aperture (black paper with a hole punched, may do), just to see how the lighting's going to work out. It can be hard to tell until all the stack's done, otherwise. (Pmax will bump the contrast up a bit.)
You can use High Iso for testing, and the aperture will kill the sharpness of course, but you'll see a result immediately.

Here the main light is just about diffused enough, I'd be very happy with that. But a fill light or a reflector...?

-

Also you'll notice in the stack output how the rear antenna goes suddenly OOF. A gentler transition, by combining a stack with a frame with a smaller aperture, can be good.
MedicineMan4040

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the feedback Reply with quote

I've got thick skin and do appreciate the c/c.
All points read, and I'll re-read again and again and try to put into practice!
Still can't believe it took me two years to find this site!
Just glad you guys are out there.
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've got thick skin
Sorry if I was "forward". I usually assume tips etc are welcome in the beginners' section - you're most welcome to disagree!
MedicineMan4040

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Ha! Forward is good! Reply with quote

You can even be nastily rude/frank/ and quite blunt! Like I said I have thick skin but truthfully took your input as friendly advice from an expert....since I freely admit I'm just an amateur hobbyist getting assistance from this august body only makes me thankful. So fire away!
Carmen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question, answers and considered opinions are also helpful to me Very Happy I finally received my stack shot kit, and have begun to learn the controls and do preliminar tests.

thank you MedicineMan, ChrisR and Rik! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: