Next attempt

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MedicineMan4040

Next attempt

Post by MedicineMan4040 »

This time I'm stacking every other pic, why? Because the shutter fires via StackShot before the flash can recharge. Now this is where I go into universal settings and increase the Tsettle correct?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Next attempt

Post by rjlittlefield »

MedicineMan4040 wrote:Now this is where I go into universal settings and increase the Tsettle correct?
Exactly.

Looking great!

--Rik

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Tip - take a single frame focused in the middle of the depth, with a smaller aperture (black paper with a hole punched, may do), just to see how the lighting's going to work out. It can be hard to tell until all the stack's done, otherwise. (Pmax will bump the contrast up a bit.)
You can use High Iso for testing, and the aperture will kill the sharpness of course, but you'll see a result immediately.

Here the main light is just about diffused enough, I'd be very happy with that. But a fill light or a reflector...?

-

Also you'll notice in the stack output how the rear antenna goes suddenly OOF. A gentler transition, by combining a stack with a frame with a smaller aperture, can be good.

MedicineMan4040

Thanks for the feedback

I've got thick skin and do appreciate the c/c.
All points read, and I'll re-read again and again and try to put into practice!
Still can't believe it took me two years to find this site!
Just glad you guys are out there.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I've got thick skin
Sorry if I was "forward". I usually assume tips etc are welcome in the beginners' section - you're most welcome to disagree!

MedicineMan4040

Ha! Forward is good!

You can even be nastily rude/frank/ and quite blunt! Like I said I have thick skin but truthfully took your input as friendly advice from an expert....since I freely admit I'm just an amateur hobbyist getting assistance from this august body only makes me thankful. So fire away!

Carmen

Post by Carmen »

The question, answers and considered opinions are also helpful to me :D I finally received my stack shot kit, and have begun to learn the controls and do preliminar tests.

thank you MedicineMan, ChrisR and Rik! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic