Aperture control with extension tubes

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Daumantas

Aperture control with extension tubes

Post by Daumantas »

So today I received my extension tubes that I got at very good price. There is aperture lever inside of the tubes and it fits fit manual lenses aperture lever. When lens and tubes are conected iris is shut, and when the whole piece is attached to pentax K7, it becomes open.

But the problem is that lens iris stays open when lens and tubes are mounted on DSLR and does not close when I'm shooting. Any ideas, what could be the problem of this?

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

If you put the tubes on the lens, can you operate the aperture by moving the lever at the camera-end of the tubes, with your finger?

Is this a camera where you can normally close the aperture by pressing a button on the camera? (That would be Depth Of Field Preview)

Can you feel any restriction in the tubes?
Suppose you try just one tube?

Daumantas

Post by Daumantas »

Thank you ChrisR, for your reply. The problem was Autoaperture contact on DSLR body, which was reacting with metal extension tube. I just had to cover A contact on the camera with a piece of foil and thats it (when set to Manual iris is closing as supposed to) :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic