Nikon CFI BE plan achromat 10x objective

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

cadman342001

Nikon CFI BE plan achromat 10x objective

Post by cadman342001 »

Where on earth can I get one of these ?

(I'm assuming that this will give me better IQ than my 200mmQ/f4 with 20mm/f3.5 ais reversed for 10X ?)

I'm in Australia which doesn't help, was going to get one from OpticsPlanet but it seems they no longer sell them either direct or through Amazon :(

What would be an equivalent infinity objective in terms of image quality and price ?

Thanks in advance

Andy

fergus

Post by fergus »

Hi Andy, did Opticsplanet change their policies? I'm in Sydney and bought my 4x and 10x BE objectives from them in recent months.

Fergus

cadman342001

Post by cadman342001 »

Hi Fergus,

No not a shipping thing, seems they no longer sell them according to their website.

Andy

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Try your local Nikon Instruments. Mine still do them. I've made a note in the FAQs.

fergus

Post by fergus »

I'm glad I bought mine when I did, knowing this.

You might try Coherent Scientific located in South Australia. They were selling the scope complete with the objectives, maybe they can supply the objectives on their own?

Cheers...
Fergus

cadman342001

Post by cadman342001 »

ChrisR wrote:Try your local Nikon Instruments. Mine still do them. I've made a note in the FAQs.
Thanks Chris. I contacted Nikon on their Aus site and have just received one back from their QLD agent (ABACUS ALS) with a price of $65 + GST (10%) + $30 postage.

Seems like a good price to me.

Andy

fergus

Post by fergus »

Andy that's a great price - less than I paid from Optics Planet (once postage is included). Well done! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic