Bugslabber 1.0 released -- Mac/Windows sub-stacking utility

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Bill Eldridge

Bugslabber 1.0 released -- Mac/Windows sub-stacking utility

Post by Bill Eldridge »

After a too-long absence from the forum, I am pleased to return with the release of Bugslabber 1.0 for Mac and Windows.

Bugslabber 1.0 is a utility for generating batch scripts which stack "slabs" (sub-stacks) within Zerene Stacker, a focus-stacking application
from Zerene Systems.

A secondary use is to easily generate scripts for single-pass stacks with varying settings to be run as multiple batches and compared.
This can be done with the entire image sequence or with slabs.

The application is donationware benefiting scienceclubforgirls.org

Bugslabber 1.0 and documentation can be downloaded at billeldridge.com/bugslabber

Last edited by Bill Eldridge on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Eldridge

Post by Bill Eldridge »

P.S. I may or may not have a working Linux version. If anyone would like to try it, please PM me.

daemonoropsis

Post by daemonoropsis »

Uhh nice, I have been happily using 0.9.6 fo a long time. Nice to see your back with a new version :)

TheLostVertex

Post by TheLostVertex »

Great to see it released! I have used it a couple times and it has worked quite well. Hopefully Ill be using it more when even I get my new rig working.

Bill Eldridge

Post by Bill Eldridge »

Bugslabber has moved to version 1.1.

Change log:

-- fixed a bug that affected users who save Depth Maps

-- fixed an issue with slabbing partial image ranges

-- added a "Reload" button for convenience when reloading a ZS Project that has newly saved changes

dmillard

Post by dmillard »

Thanks Bill,

I look forward to trying it out!

Regards,
David

abpho

Post by abpho »

Thank you Bill. I will take a look into this. It is especially nice to see us mac users not forgotten. :)
I'm in Canada! Isn't that weird?

esotericman

Post by esotericman »

Yes, thank you for the effort and donations towards women in science! I'm so very excited I logged in tonight, this made my night as I'm just getting into stacking and sadly, I work on very hairy insects!

All Ex

Post by All Ex »

Are you sure it works in win 8.1? I`ve loaded it and it does not seem to work at my PC. Is it that I only made small projects (33 pics) only to decide witch program I`ll use for slabbing in my future bigger stacks So far I`ve tried ZereneVS.application,BUGSLABBER 1.1 and makeSubStackingScript witch one do you propose me, or there is something else in your minds?
:smt102
All--Ex
My YouTube initial video

Bill Eldridge

Post by Bill Eldridge »

Try Chris S.'s SlabberJockey.

Could you be more specific about how Bugslabber does not seem to work?

Has anyone else had success or failure with Bugslabber under Win 8.1?

All Ex

Post by All Ex »

Hello Bill, as I wrote here, when I use Bugslabber it is writing some gibberish characters on the count frame window down to the start , end windows, after that everything goes wrong with the script and the procedure goes completely out of its expected result. It must be the shallow stacks I make, I didn't meet anybody else with the same problem in win 8.1.

SlabberJockey. V1.0 demands the presence in your PC of a part of the Access 10 which I can't download because something has been set not in a proper way in my PC and when I try it leads me to an error.
All--Ex
My YouTube initial video

Bill Eldridge

Post by Bill Eldridge »

Hi, All Ex, sorry for your frustration. What do you mean by "goes wrong"? Perhaps you could send me a PM with an output script for a stack of ten images with three slabs (no, that's not too shallow for Bugslabber).

Bill Eldridge

Post by Bill Eldridge »

Hmmm... while I never got a clear picture of what wasn't working for All Ex, apparently it's working for him now, so all's well that ends well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic