www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Squirrel photo shoot
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Squirrel photo shoot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idealuz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Squirrel photo shoot Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I moved to Boston a month ago, formerly lived in Paris, France. I am still pretty overwhelmed with the settling but I took an hour or two to do some photography. First and easiest thing to photograph Downtown Boston are the squirrels.
I just thought I'd share them with you :-)
What do you think?

ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a couple nearly count as macro. Perhaps it would be better if we put it in "Favorite locations"? Smile
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, a couple nearly count as macro.

And of course the title of the forum does say "Close-up" also. Even so, these images don't really fit here.

The criteria for what qualifies for inclusion in the "Macro and Close-up" Gallery have always been a bit murky.

As a matter of practice, it depends not on the shooting distance but rather on the field size. Smaller is better. Anything less than 6 inches across the maximum frame dimension in the focal plane usually passes without concern. Larger than 6 inches and we start twitching; the twitches get worse with increasing field size and also with increasing familiarity of subject. Whole squirrels with their tails outstretched are definitely out of place.

Quote:
Perhaps it would be better if we put it in "Favorite locations"? Smile

Yes, these images would fit much better in "Favorite locations". I'll move the thread.

--Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: