uneven focus around edge of image

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

echomedia

Post by echomedia »

Rik-

Thanks for the detailed info. I appreciate you sharing your insights into this challenge.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

You're very welcome.

Apparently this problem was still rattling around in my head while I slept last night.

This morning, it occurs to me that the Konus SLR Photo Adaptor that you linked earlier might be a reasonable solution after all.

My earlier comments came from implicitly assuming that you were interested in still photography. Now that I understand your focus is on video, which is intrinsically low resolution, I'm not so concerned about the high magnification limiting the camera's view to be just the center of the field. Instead, I see that aspect as being a useful attack on the curvature of field problem with your current objectives.

The Konus adaptor also has the advantages of being nicely integrated (similar to the VariMag), not terribly expensive, and easily returnable if it doesn't work out well.

At this point, I'd be inclined to order a Konus and see if it does an acceptable job.

If you do that, please let us know what results you get. I have not been able to find any significant user reviews of that adapter.

--Rik

echomedia

Post by echomedia »

Rik-

I'm glad you're thinking of the Konus in this new light. I think it's probably my best bet at this point. I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic