www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Favorite Location of The Moment: My Backyard
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Favorite Location of The Moment: My Backyard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmillard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Favorite Location of The Moment: My Backyard Reply with quote

My cat briefly inserted himself in one of the images before deciding to explore elsewhere. If only I could get him to pose where and when I wanted!

David
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be nice to have a backyard that beautiful but then again, it oftentimes takes a lot of work to keep it that away. I once read that cats don't have owners, they have "staff." Smile
Planapo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it always interesting to have a look at such far away places. You have a patch of beautiful vegetation there, David. Looks like some good hunting ground for bugs right on your doorstep!

And I can well imagine John Wayne galloping alongside your fence. He should take care not to steer his quarter horse through them opuntiae, though. Wink Smile

--Betty

edit: quater -> quarter

Last edited by Planapo on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
dmillard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Ken and Betty, and thank you for your comments.

Ken Ramos wrote:
Must be nice to have a backyard that beautiful but then again, it oftentimes takes a lot of work to keep it that away.

It was quite a lot of work initially, mostly clearing dead brush, but it has been almost self-sustaining in the 15 years since. What is interesting is what plants have spontaneously appeared through the years, some of which have become established, while others were ephemeral.

Planapo wrote:
Looks like some good hunting ground for bugs right on your doorstep!

I am blessed with an abundance of bugs!

Planapo wrote:
And I can well imagine John Wayne galloping alongside your fence. He should take care not to steer his quater horse through them opuntiae, though.

He would also need to avoid the agave further back, which could easily quarter his quarter horse. Shocked
Planapo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmillard wrote:

He would also need to avoid the agave further back, which could easily quarter his quarter horse. Shocked

Laughing
Ideed! "No place but Texas"! Very Happy

--Betty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: