Two Bee(s) or not Two Bee(s)

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

orionmystery

Two Bee(s) or not Two Bee(s)

Post by orionmystery »

Two Bee(s), or Not Two Bees. Okay, that's really lame . Sleeping bees (Genus: Amegilla; sub-genus: Glossamegilla - info credit: Zestin Soh and Doug Yanega) I found at night. They flew away after just 3 shots . Selangor, Malaysia.
Two bees...IMG_8492 stk copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

An Orthogonius sp. beetle (ID credit: Harald Schillhammer) photobombing a bunch of caterpillars (in cycloalexy arrangement?). The beetle wasn't there when I took the first couple of shots . Night macro, Selangor, Malaysia.
Beetle photobombing caterpillars IMG_8767 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Optical fibers . A passion-vineRicaniid planthopper nymph. Night macro, Selangor, Malaysia. 40D, 60mm, diffused 270EX, 1/200, F13, ISO200, night macro, handheld.
Ricaniid planthopper nymph IMG_8571 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Prenolepis jerdoni ants (ID suggested by Tabby Carroll ) in the midst of moving to a new nest? Some of the workers were carrying larvae and pupae. Night find, Selangor, Malaysia.
Prenolepis ants IMG_8300 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Prenolepis ants IMG_8303 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Tessaratomid bug . Night find, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tessarotomid Bug IMG_8287 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Tessarotomid Bug IMG_8274 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Olympusman

Latest post

Post by Olympusman »

A truly remarkable set.
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

marceppy

Post by marceppy »

Nice !

DQE

Post by DQE »

Quite an amazing set!

I continue to be unable to imagine taking macro bug photos at night in the rain forest!! If you are eaten by a jaguar or something one night, please have one of your friends let the forum know!!!
-Phil

"Diffraction never sleeps"

orionmystery

Post by orionmystery »

Thanks, guys!

Phil - that'd be awesome. I've always wanted to macro cat eyes....and jaguar would be perfect!

TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

Great set Kurt, I really like the two bees. Shame you woke them up though!

That beetle and caterpillars is also great. Nice find there.

TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

Oops! Double post
Last edited by TimmyG on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Most interesting photos as always, Kurt!

The lighting of the fibres on that planthopper is just excellent!

--Betty
Atticus Finch: "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view
- until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
Lee, N. H. 1960. To Kill a Mockingbird. J. B. Lippincott, New York.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic