www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - studying insects and corpses
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
studying insects and corpses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: studying insects and corpses Reply with quote

http://www.lcsun-news.com/news/ci_5834773

This is a pretty gruesome topic, but may be of interest to some here.

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though somewhat a distasteful job, somebody has to do it I suppose. However this is really an interesting article here Mike and makes a lot of sense if one gets past the grusome part of it. Though I cannot imagine myself powling around removing and examining insects from a dead person or animal for that matter. I believe Tom had a job similar somewhere along the line, though not exactly if I recall him posting and it is one that more than likely is a thankless one. I guess if you are the examiner or scientist you may at least get a bit of self satisfaction from a job well done in solving a very unfortunate situation. Think
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone, I believe Patricia Cornwell, wrote some very popular novels about a person who gets involved in this stuff. I keep meaning to read 'em, but haven't.

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: