Hello from South GA

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

birdfreak12

Hello from South GA

Post by birdfreak12 »

I recently discovered this incredible website. I only began shooting Macro last year. I live in South Ga for now. I am fascinated by the incredible details. I would like to build me a "macro" set-up or "board". I currently own a 7D, 1DIV, MPE-65, MT24-EX, 100/2.8 and Sigma 150mm Macro. I imagine I am going to need some sort of "rail" system? I would like to attempt "stacking" photos to try and increase my DOF. I believe in my limited experience in "macro" that the MPE-65 is a wonderful lens that I just have to learn to use. I would like to "lurk" a bit more and try and learn as much as I can. I am also intrigued by the photos using even more magnification. I have to try and absorb all the technical information as I know I don't have nearly the equipment to even attempt to put together a "rig" capable of the 10X-50X magnification. I hope I don't offend anyone with my "ignorance" of macro questions. I am a newbie to this area and just want to try and learn as much as I can to be able to start my own collection of magnificent "macro" photos.

Regards,

Don

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Don, welcome aboard!

The MP-E 65 is an excellent lens. At its higher magnifications you will definitely benefit from focus stacking, and for that you'll need some sort of mechanism to make the small steps that are required.

There are many ways to do the focus stepping. For a long list of ideas and discussions, see http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 5311#55311.

Happy reading!

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic