Invertebrates and the food chain

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Invertebrates and the food chain

Post by rjlittlefield »

The Nature Conservancy gave me a hot tip to go look at this video.

It seems that the Seattle Aquarium was having some trouble keeping sharks in one of their exhibits...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4dV6upaCvo

--Rik

Edit: to replace http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-3_UPnCtLg, which is no longer available.
Last edited by rjlittlefield on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Very impressive!!!!

And it is the new guy on the aquarium staff who has to tell the octopus it has to move to new quarters!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know I have spent many years at sea and I am only 5' 6". Seeing as how it can devour a shark anywhere from 3 to 4 feet, I doubt that one and a half feet more, would not mean anything more to one of those things than a super sized meal. Want fries with that? :shock: Quite an interesting video clip, would liked to have seen the whole program, to see what else they featured. Thanks Rik. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

WOW...tough little fella. I think they had a show on TV where one of these
octopui latched onto a divers head :shock:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic