X, Y and Z automation on BH2-UMA set-up

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Linden.g

X, Y and Z automation on BH2-UMA set-up

Post by Linden.g »

I spent a few days automating an Olympus metrology BHM system with three StackShot drives. One used as a direct drive on the focus control and then two full StackShots rails at 90 degrees to each other driving a post going through an extended sample stage on a standard X-Y table. The post has a sleeve bearing to allow focusing. Two prototype StackShot controllers are connected together and talk to each other allowing fully automated X-Y panning. Unfortunately at the moment I cannot connect three controller together so the stacking has to be set off manually. Cognisys will have a three axis controller sometime next year. The system works surprisingly well considering its hacked together. I did a couple of test stacks of wing scales. I've also done a pan of a coin but haven't combined stacking with panning because a need a new computer :D

JH

Re: X, Y and Z automation on BH2-UMA set-up

Post by JH »

This is wery interesting, thanks for sharing.

Linden.g wrote: Cognisys will have a three axis controller sometime next year.
Do you have any more information about the three axis controller?

Regards Jörgen

pierre

Post by pierre »

Quite impressive
:shock:
Regards

Pierre

Linden.g

Post by Linden.g »

Thanks Pierre

Jorgen, I've seen the prototypes and don't know a lot of details but it will be a single control unit which can control at least three motors. Should be very impressive for X Y and Z motion and any other motion control application.

Linden

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic