Congratulations to Wim!

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Wim van Egmond

Post by Wim van Egmond »

Thank you all. Amazing percentage of winners we have gathered here.

I was a little concerned that you might not like my image. But choosing the winners is arbitrary. We must all realize that it is not easy to judge images. It is a bit like comparing apples and amoebas.

I am sure next year we will have some winners because what I have seen in the forum recently made my jaw drop. Very bad for my chin this forum. :)

I want to thank you all for all for your nice comments and support and tips over the years. And also Rik for his wonderful software. My award is also thanks to him. I will prepare some stereoslides for you, Rik.

Wim

arturoag75

Post by arturoag75 »

My congratulations to Wim and other friends of this Forum :lol: :wink:
Arturo

Fredlab

Post by Fredlab »

Wim van Egmond wrote:(...)And also Rik for his wonderful software. My award is also thanks to him.
+1000
I apologise for my poor english
My blog (Macro Micro World)
My gallery

Olympusman

Small World

Post by Olympusman »

Congratulations all. Well done!
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

And also Rik for his wonderful software.
Many thanks for the kind words. It is a treat for me to see such excellent images made using it!

--Rik

pwnell

Post by pwnell »

I agree - some great photos in that list. Congratulations to everyone who made it.

Bill Eldridge

Post by Bill Eldridge »

The Washington Post has a winner's gallery with a full-screen button here.

Yousef Alhabshi

Post by Yousef Alhabshi »

Haven't seen this post earlier..
Although i'm a bit late here.. but it's never late to congrats Wim for his wonderful work & win.. congratulations & well done to you & all the other champs :)

Also, Can't forget to thanks Rik for his remarkable app & all his useful help

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Cactusdave wrote:Wim is indeed a worthy winner with a truly outstanding image so congratulations to him and our other top 100 successes. However I do find the judges choices particularly random this year. I find the very high placing of the second placed image rather odd considering the standard of lower placed images and I keep looking at image 15 and wondering how it made the top 100 at all, but that's probably why I'd be useless as a judge :lol:
I asked Nikon this question last year on Twitter - apparently the judging is based on a combination of technical difficulty and aesthetics, so an aesthetically average shot at insane magnification of something not seen before could beat out a beautiful but technically much easier lower mag bug shot. Hence bug shots need to be absolutely 'Wow' to have a chance of getting near the top

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic