Mike's shameless rip-off of Reader's Digest

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

Mike's shameless rip-off of Reader's Digest

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Rik's posting about the Reader's Digest cover photo fake (see this posting, and be sure to check out the photo that caused the furor in the link in my response) caused me to decide that I should do something similar during my trip to the Grand Canyon last week. In honor of the new digital age, I decided to commit my fraud with digital imaging, rather than by raiding my non-existent bug collection. I also found that to get a damselfly big enough to register against the Grand Canyon, I had to beef up his size, though he is still much smaller than those Triassic age dragonflies with the one-yard wingspans!

So without further ado, here we are:

I don't think American Rubyspot Damselflies occur in the Grand Canyon, but what the H*ll!

Then it occurred to me as long as I wasn't bound by restrictions of species distribution, I should indulge my preferred photographic subject, snakes. Herewith, I give you the first known sighting of the South American Eyelash Viper in the Grand Canyon of Arizona, USA! At least his size is about right.

Enjoy....

Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Danny

Post by Danny »

LOL, ya nutter M8t :shock: 8) :lol: :wink: I just love it Mike. Thanks for the smiles. I missed this one :shock: :lol:

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... php?t=2159

Oops, I meant to include the link to Rik's original post.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic