Found: Linhof copy stand mount

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Himself

Found: Linhof copy stand mount

Post by Himself »

I have the column and the focusing mechanism but I don't have the mount. I DIYed a contraption but I'm not happy with it.
Here is how it looks

Let me know if you have something like that for sale.
Last edited by Himself on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

henryp

Re: Wanted: Linhof copy stand mount

Post by henryp »

Himself wrote:I have the column and the focusing mechanism but I don't have the mount. I DIYed a contraption but I'm not happy with it.
Here is how it looks...
HP Marketing distributes Linhof. We asked our contact there for you. His reply so far is, "Have asked the factory and will let you know. It is several decades old. My last picture of it in a catalog is from the 1960's."

So, we're hopeful but not confident.

Depending on the diameter of the tube you might find something suitable in a hardware store with a well stocked plumbing section.
Henry Posner

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Welcome to the forum, Henry. Glad to see you here!

--Chris

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

It will be easy to make for a machinist, even an amateur one: An alluminium cube with a hole for the rod, a locking bolt and four long mounting holes and bolts, and surely more economical than buying it from Linhof.
Pau

Himself

Post by Himself »

Thank you Henry!
I tried to email HP Marketing the division for Linhof and Wista parts but their email address is not good.If you find it let me know about the costs involved please.

@Pau: I didn't find anyone with a lathe or cnc around the house.I do have a budget for the mount. Hopefully it will be enough.

Here is my DIY

Himself

Post by Himself »

Finally I received the mount last week.
Linhof's distributor in Canada is Blazes Photographic. It's been sent to them and Mike Boylan sent it to me.
Well, I have a $200 hole in my wallet but I feel good.
A few pics

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic