www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - My Front Door
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My Front Door

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmillard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: My Front Door Reply with quote

My favorite location at the moment is the front door of our house, where we have a Carolina Wren in residence. Since it constructed its nest in the wreath, my wife and I have been relegated to using the back door for coming and going.

baro-nite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice wreath to begin with, and this makes it perfect! I hope she keeps the cowbirds out. Should be some excellent photographic opportunities for you.
dmillard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baro-nite wrote:
Very nice wreath to begin with, and this makes it perfect! I hope she keeps the cowbirds out. Should be some excellent photographic opportunities for you.

Thanks Jeff. Fortunately, I haven't seen any cowbirds close to where I live. I'm looking forward to when they start feeding the young.

Regards,
David
klevin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see such an obvious sign of spring. We get wrens to our feeders in Wash, DC, but have never seen a nest.
dissent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<grin> I have relatives who have the same kind of problem. For several years they were getting something trying to build sloppy muddy nests in their front door wreaths. They just took to keepng the wreaths down until the bird nesting season was over.

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: