Green lacewing

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Green lacewing

Post by rjlittlefield »

Sure, it's a cliché, but it's a cliché worth using again!

--Rik

crotermund

Post by crotermund »

Beautiful, Rik. Awesome. Great focus & detail on her. 8) Not a cliche in my book.
Craig Rotermund
Canon 30D
Sigma 150mm

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

They sure have beautiful eyes and very lacy wings....BUT "Look At The Hair on Her Legs :shock: " Fantastic Image Rik ..Is this a stack?? If not it has wonderful DOF. :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

georgedingwall

Post by georgedingwall »

Hi Rik,

I think Lacewings are one of the best insects to image. They have such interesting faces.

I posted a Green Lacewing image back in the winter, at which time there was no green colouration at all.

It's nice to see one at a different stage of seasonal development.

Great image Rik.

Bye for now.
George Dingwall

Invergordon, Scotland

http://www.georgedingwall.co.uk/

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Doug, yep, it's a stack. About 60 frames at 0.002", Olympus 38mm bellows lens at f/4.

This subject is a fresh specimen, posed, not live. The beast was limping up the inside of one of my kitchen windows last night. I got to it just before the jumping spider did. Little change in outcome for the lacewing, but probably the jumper was annoyed! :lol:

George, thanks for the link to your earlier image. That one slipped past me in a very busy weekend. I've added a couple of comments to that topic, about the color and the antennae shape.

Thanks for the comments, guys! :D

--Rik

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Somewhere there is a jumping spider standing in a "soup line," outside a mission. Cold and all alone, part of the dreggs of society, half pint of Ol' Fly in its overcoat pocket, reeking of yesterdays ants. :lol: Neat photograph Rik :D

Mike B in OKlahoma

Re: Green lacewing

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

rjlittlefield wrote:Sure, it's a cliché, but it's a cliché worth using again!
SOME CLICHE! I'm a nut, but even I don't have this "cliche" at this magnification in my portfolio. Very nice.

But I understand that Jumping and Weaving Spiders Local #452 is going to be picketing your house waving signs and weaving webs saying "unfair" starting tomorrow....Or maybe I just read Charlotte's Web too many times as a kid! :wink:
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic