zeiss microscope stage control help

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

andre reichmann

zeiss microscope stage control help

Post by andre reichmann »

hello dear microshooters !

i got an old zeiss microscope witha stage that seemsto work fine. i wonder if someone could enlighten me about those markings in the micrometric control .... i haven not figured out the significance of that scale in terms of distance .....

thks !!!!!
andre

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

This is graduated in micrometers "microns", so each mark = 5 micrometers.
A Zeiss Standard, isn't it?. Not the higher precision stage movement, but if it works well (both smoth and firm) about 2 micrometer precision can be obtained.
Pau

andre reichmann

Pau wrote:This is graduated in micrometers "microns", so each mark = 5 micrometers.
A Zeiss Standard, isn't it?. Not the higher precision stage movement, but if it works well (both smoth and firm) about 2 micrometer precision can be obtained.
its zeiss, oldy, cannot find its name .... think its the standard in fact, bought it very cheap ....
for focus stacking is this stage ok ?
thks again.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

andre reichmann wrote: for focus stacking is this stage ok ?
Of course!, with my Zeiss Standard I even did some stacks with a 100/1.32 objective. For lower magnifications it's fully adequate
Pau

andre reichmann

Pau wrote:
andre reichmann wrote: for focus stacking is this stage ok ?
Of course!, with my Zeiss Standard I even did some stacks with a 100/1.32 objective. For lower magnifications it's fully adequate
good !!! :-)
i will take some time to work over 10x i guess :-)
still have to learn and get experience with zerene ....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic