www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Stacks Collection (Wasps, Robberfly & Beetle)
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stacks Collection (Wasps, Robberfly & Beetle)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Macro and Close-up Images
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gérard-64

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent as usual!

http://portfotolio.net/77998274@N03
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The thing is, by using the flash i'm losing the EFSC feature at higher magnification. I thought it would be better to handle Hi-mag with continuous lighting due to the long exposure + EFSC combination.
You said electronic flash.. do you mean using the flash normally or am I missing something with the word "electronic"?

Yes, with Canon you cannot have EFSC along with a flash... I don't know about other cameras brands that also have some models with EFSC capability. (When I say "electronic flash" I only mean the regular flash units used these days, not any special technique).

Very short duration flash can be very effective at minimizing vibration problems from either equipment or environmental sources. But if you really do have external, "environmental" vibration issues it is especially useful, as eliminating these without flash can often be complicated and possibly expensive.

IMO, the biggest advantage to using continuous light is the ability to actually see the lighting on the subject as you set it up and make slight changes. Sometimes a very subtle change in a light position or a reflector position can make a big difference in the picture. Not that it can't be done with flash, but it sometimes takes many test shots to get it "right".
johan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yousef I hope you don't mind but a quick note of appreciation from me for your work, which I've looked a lot at over on Flickr. What (I think) you do really well or rather what I especially like is the way you seperate foreground and background and really make the head pop. This gives your stuff a distinctive style, one I enjoy. Bravo. Your award is very much deserved.
canonian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yousef, congratulations on your well deserved award, my friend.
Yousef Alhabshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Gerard-64:
Thank you Gerard

@Charles:
Apology for the late reply
I'm doing some new tests in order to see if I can reduce the vibration with my new setup.. obviously, vibration issues start with my 20x & beyond!
Agree with you on your last point.. using the flash is very tricky as the slightest change in directions can leads into totally different result!
Appreciate your help

@Johan:
Can't thank you enough for your kinds words.. I'm all honored dear
Your works aren't any less than great as well Wink

@Canonian:
Thank you so much Fred.. Appreciate it
Looking for your next works Wink
Saul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect photos, amazing quality !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Macro and Close-up Images All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: