more household chemicals edit

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bill henderson

more household chemicals edit

Post by bill henderson »

This phot is paradichlorbenzene aka moth ice crystals. Hope you enjoy.
This is an edited post. This time I did include a photo. Crosspolarization photography to me is very rewarding and you never know what to expect. Zeiss standard scope. 25apo Zeiss objective.Image
Last edited by bill henderson on Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
diatomen

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Hhmm... No image?
--Rik

Edit: Ahh, duplicate post?

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Gotta love the rainbow colors :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Greetings Bill. All three are nice crystal shots... I think I like this the best of the three. Do you get that great black background with the polarizers or do you do some levels adjusting to the image? I have never been able to get my crossed pol backgrounds that black without some tweaking of the image file.

bill henderson

Post by bill henderson »

Charles Krebs wrote:Greetings Bill. All three are nice crystal shots... I think I like this the best of the three. Do you get that great black background with the polarizers or do you do some levels adjusting to the image? I have never been able to get my crossed pol backgrounds that black without some tweaking of the image file.
Charles,Thanks for the comments,I get the backgrounds with the crosspolar filters plus levels and curves. I clone out any junk first so the bkgd looks smooth.
My goal is to get the great backgrounds you guys get on your bug pictures. Any comments are welcome. Thanks again
diatomen

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic