Olympus 38mm & 20mm macro lenses on Ebay!

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Be aware that these are the older models with relatively small apertures, not the same as the lenses that I have reported about.

For example the 20 mm for sale is an f/3.5 four-element design, versus the f/2.0 six-element design that I've described in my test reports.

The 38 mm for sale is an f/3.5 five-element design, where the one I've reported about is an f/2.8 six-element design.

Even the starting bids for these lenses are relatively high compared to other lenses that I would expect to do equal or better work.

--Rik

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

It's been a while since I used mine but I don't remember them as that bad. A notch up from a reversed EL-Nikkor, and in the gap before the microscope objectives come in? At least they cover all our sensors, and they do have diaphragms.
Certainly not as good as the better (hard to mount to Nikon) Zuikos - but those are a lots more £$.

Best value competition I can think for these guys might be one of the 28-35mm enlarger lenses reversed, but they're going up in price quite fast. Then of course some cheap 4x objectives which are better in some ways.

If counting elements, I wonder how many lurk in the JML 21mm f/3.5 ?) Anyone know?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic