Lake Mangamohe

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Danny

Lake Mangamohe

Post by Danny »

Located in the north island of NZ we find Mount Egmont in the Taranaki area. About 4 hrs from home here. Around the edge of the lake are plenty of ducks, geese, dragonflies, etc. We just love it and refer to it as our slice of heaven. Not easy to find and hidden behind a gate to get access to it. Once inside this area, we just have a blast :D

We try and visit twice year, well worth the trip.

Some of you have probably seen this shot before. Its done very well this particular image, better than any macro shot anyway :roll: , go figure :D

Danny.

Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Palm trees and snow-topped mountains! Very cool....I'll make it to NZ one of these days....*sigh*
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Danny

Post by Danny »

Anytime Mike. Spare bed and a free guide for ya. Marshall Black enjoyed it here from NSN. :D Last count we took and burnt 35 DVDs :shock: He was here for 6 weeks in both the north and south island. So get your act together M8t :D :wink:

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know it seems that what ever is happening anymore, it's happening in NZ, from trout fishing to the study of myxomycetes. A beautiful shot Danny that represents the diversity of life within the country, exhibiting the transitioning of its ecosystems. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic