3D object creation

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

proullard

3D object creation

Post by proullard »

Anybody here doing 3D object creation?

The easiest way I have found so far is to use Object 2VR software which creates movies. What I want to do is create an image that you can move around at will to see different angles.
I use the Cognisys system with a a rotating turntable so I get front to back images with rotation of the insect. Then I stack the images in Helicon focus and load the images in to Object 2VR.
I have to slow the movie down with Adobe Premiere so it isn't moving fast.

Argu

Re: 3D object creation

Post by Argu »

proullard wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:53 pm
Anybody here doing 3D object creation?

The easiest way I have found so far is to use Object 2VR software which creates movies. What I want to do is create an image that you can move around at will to see different angles.
I use the Cognisys system with a a rotating turntable so I get front to back images with rotation of the insect. Then I stack the images in Helicon focus and load the images in to Object 2VR.
I have to slow the movie down with Adobe Premiere so it isn't moving fast.
Hi proullard,
Very cool subject. Would like to see a link with some movies if possible. As i understand your method creates vr movies. It would also be cool to get 3d object files of the subjects with textures to be able to integrate in 3d programs. In photogrammetry focus limitations would make image stacking from all sides an immense job i think. Maybe miniature lidar scanning would somehow be possible, yet without the texture. Interesting topic. Waiting for results.
Best
Argu

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic