Source of long/bandpass filters in UK/EU

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cactusdave

Source of long/bandpass filters in UK/EU

Post by Cactusdave »

For those interested in dabbling in fluorescence and needing longpass and bandpass filters and for other optical experimentation in the UK/EU, I'd like to mention Knight Optical. https://www.knightoptical.com/stock/opt ... s-filters/

I have bought filters, beam splitters and achromats from them. They have a good range of stock items at very reasonable prices and deliver quickly. I have no connection with the business.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

I also recommend Knight Optical. They also offer some very reasonably priced retardation plates in 50mm square size. (Although most of us are aware that you can DIY by collecting various plastic sheets. Those however are of unknown specification while the Knight ones provide specific values.)

I recently received a call from a Knight office here in the US. Apparently they have opened a presence here in the US. I have always dealt with the UK website, but if you are interested here is the number they gave me: 401 583 7846. At this number you can get technical information from a real live helpful individual, but they will refer you to the website if you have an order under $200.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic