Tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro lens teardown & repair video

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Chris S.
Site Admin

Tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro lens teardown & repair video

Post by Chris S. »

A new YouTube channel, "FixYourCameraORG," has a video of a teardown and repair of a Tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro lens. It's a bit length lengthy (18 minutes), but well-made; I learned a few things that made it worth the time.

(And for anyone unaware, pressing the keys "shift" plus ">" speeds up a YouTube video. Two such presses seem about right for this one. "Shift" plus "<" slows video down. This particular shortcut makes YouTube greatly more palatable.)

--Chris

BernardoSegura

Post by BernardoSegura »

thank you! I'm loving this lens and the video is really informative.

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Glad you found it useful, Bernardo. :D

I used to own a predecessor of this lens, and quite liked it. The current version can only be better.

Cheers,

--Chris

fergus

Re: Tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro lens teardown & repair vide

Post by fergus »

Chris S. wrote:...(And for anyone unaware, pressing the keys "shift" plus ">" speeds up a YouTube video. Two such presses seem about right for this one. "Shift" plus "<" slows video down. This particular shortcut makes YouTube greatly more palatable.)

--Chris
Chris, that's a great hint, I wish I knew it before.

On my computer 2, 3 or more presses doesn't seem to make any difference but that first one sets it to about +50% speed which is GREAT as most YouTubes are far too slow.

Many thanks!
Fergus

p.s. yes that's an interesting video :)

Chris S.
Site Admin

Re: Tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro lens teardown & repair vide

Post by Chris S. »

fergus wrote:
Chris S. wrote:...(And for anyone unaware, pressing the keys "shift" plus ">" speeds up a YouTube video. . . .
Chris, that's a great hint, I wish I knew it before.

On my computer 2, 3 or more presses doesn't seem to make any difference but that first one sets it to about +50% speed which is GREAT as most YouTubes are far too slow.

Many thanks!
Fergus
Fergus,

Like you, I find most YouTube videos far too slow. This keyboard shortcut speeds them up to a much more reasonable rate. Once I was taught this shortcut, I wondered how I lived without it. Glad you found it helpful. :D

As to multiple presses, I find that sometimes this works, and other times it doesn't, with the FireFox browser. Closing FireFox and running Ccleaner restores the multiple press capability on my systems.

Cheers,

--Chris

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

The video is interesting, as are the others the maker has made, as an independent repair man.

The lens is intriguing too, a friend has one. He's adamant that it's the sharpest lens he has in his, er, agglomeration, of 50+. But he is NOT a pixel peeper so I'd like to get my hands on it.
Chris R

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic