PN105 Wafer Image

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mawyatt

PN105 Wafer Image

Post by mawyatt »

Here's a couple images with my new to me Printing Nikkor PN105mm F2.8A (thanks Ray). I used a Wemacro Vertical Stand with a Nikon D800E and PB6 Bellows. Focus rail is a modified (MJKZZ kit) THK KR20 controlled by Wemacro controller. The subject is a old 6" silicon wafer apparently with some very large test chips.

This image is a single image from the stack shot at ~1X.

Lighting was from a 8" by 3" by 9" cone made from $ Store stiff white paper and 3 strobes. I had to use hp inkjet paper as a white balance as the cheap paper cone had a ugly yellow cast. I'll be getting some better material for the cone soon to help improve the lighting....and working on the other aspects of the setup.

Anyway, think this is a good start for the PN105 :D

BTW these look much better in full resolution.

Best,

Mike

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Top image looks great Mike.

For some reason the bottom one looks soft, I am sure the original is not judging by the other images I have seen of yours.

Great work on the lighting!

Robert

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Robert,

I hadn't noticed, but you are right it does look soft. Probably caused by my downsizing. As you say the originals are much sharper.

Looking forward to your 4X test.

BTW did you ever make it to Clearwater?

Best,

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic