A personal view of the RAYNOX 250

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

sonyalpha

A personal view of the RAYNOX 250

Post by sonyalpha »

I posted shots taken with my 28-100 macro lens plus three tubes and a Raynox DCR-250 Close-Up Lens For 52mm 55mm 58mm 62mm fitted:

I was pleasantly surprised at the results obtained by using my TAMRON 70-300 telephoto lens (normally used for birds in flight shots) with a RAYNOX 250 fitted via the patent fit-all spring-loaded thread.............this amazing invention transformed my 70-300 into a very efficient MACRO lens:

My shots here don't quite do it justice because they were both hand held............regardless of that the set-up has exceeded my expectations:

As soon as I find time I will post more shots in this thread using the set-up on a tripod to improve focus and to attempt stacking:

I apologise if my subject matter is rather dull..........we are in the midst of a record cold winter here in the UK:

sonyalpha

Retired but not old in spirit:

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:

sagarmatha

Post by sagarmatha »

Yes, I'm hoping my becoming GH2 with the 100-300 mm and my Raynox lenses will be a good combination. Time will tell. But the magnification will be good: 300/125*2=4.8 in print magnification with Raynox 250. And no loss of light compared to extension tubes!
Life is short - follow your interests
web galleries: http://www.staffanmalmberg.se

Panasonic FZ50
Olympus MCON40, Raynox: 150, 250, MSN-202

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic