Hello all First post Just got a new to me Olympus BHM

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Inkidu

Hello all First post Just got a new to me Olympus BHM

Post by Inkidu »

Hello,
Fairly new to microscopes and this BHM with a BH2-UMA is fascinating. Only have the bright field cube but want to upgrade someday. Presently working on some ideas on lighting. Using a high power flashlight (Cree XML) that is more than sufficient for now with the bright field. I priced a dark field cube ($250) which seems like quite a lot for something so small. I already made the mistake of buying a scope with no cube not realizing that is the whole idea behind this scope. I did find another BH2-UMA with a cube and UPO that didn't break the bank. I have a bunch of questions about cleaning, lighting, operation etc... but for now I will read some posts. I did purchase lensx 90 cleaning cloth, bamboo sticks, and purosol but I am concerned that I will do more harm than good. Especially over cleaning the cube. The objectives on the scope are all Neo Splan 5x,10x,20x. It has a UPO but no analyzer. Eventually will sell it on but for now I am going to have some fun with it. Would like to add to its usefulness by adding a high power led to the back and giving it good cleaning. Also interested in making sure that everything works on it. I want the next person to buy it feel a little more confident than I did when I purchased this one. So far so good.
Happy to be part of the site and hope to learn a lot. Any help for a new person is appreciated. Hint: I need a dark field cube that won't add so much to this that it will be out of the price range of most people.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Sorry you haven't had any answers, Inki, and this is a rather belated welcome to the forum. :oops:
Hopefully those who know about these parts will be along soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic