Old Nikon S Series Compound Microscope Up For Sale

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mitch640

Old Nikon S Series Compound Microscope Up For Sale

Post by Mitch640 »

There is a Old Nikon S Series Compound Microscope in a Wooden Box up for sale on E-Bay. The seller is in Wisconsin USA. 3 Days left. From the pics, it looks like a deal.

georgetsmurf

Re: Old Nikon S Series Compound Microscope Up For Sale

Post by georgetsmurf »

Old Nikon S Series Compound Microscope in a Wooden Box[/url] up for sale on E-Bay.
This is the same model as the one I have recently picked up on Ebay in Australia. Mine came as a monocular with circular rotating stage and polarizer Analizer. I am currrent modifying to binocular using a beautiful Carl Zeiss jena head that I also obtained on Ebay. I am setting it up with other bits and peices that I will reveal shortly when the project is complete, which is now not far off. I should be able to reveal some photos from the sysem, plus photos of the set-up next week. 8)

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

Looking forward to it. Have you used it yet to see image quality? I was curiuos how they compare with newer scopes.

georgetsmurf

Post by georgetsmurf »

Mitch said regarding George's comment.
Have you used it yet to see image quality? I was curiuos how they compare with newer scopes.
I have only done some sample photography through it using non-Nikon objectives however observation using the Nikon objectives that came with it look superb. They are Po40 0.65 0.17, Po10 0.25 and a Po4 0.1. I think I may have a bit of a surprise in store with this set-up. I came up with the idea and have not heard it mentioned in any posts as yet but it is so obvious that others must be using it. Keep watching this space.:)

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

I recently bought a Nikon Fluophot and now think it was a mistake. There are very few parts left for them anywhere. While the S series scopes seem to have warehouses full of still working and cheaply available parts. I may have to reconsider buying one next time it comes up. That one sold for only $126 and had quite a bit of extras with it. And it was right here in my state. LOL

By the way, does it use RMS threads on the objectives?

georgetsmurf

Post by georgetsmurf »

Mitch said
I recently bought a Nikon Fluophot and now think it was a mistake. There are very few parts left for them anywhere. While the S series scopes seem to have warehouses full of still working and cheaply available parts. I may have to reconsider buying one next time it comes up. That one sold for only $126 and had quite a bit of extras with it. And it was right here in my state. LOL
Yeah mine came with a lot of stuff also and was A$179.00 however I had to take a chance and bid much higher than that to secure my bid-win.
Yes it does use RMS threads.

georgetsmurf

Post by georgetsmurf »

georgetsmurf wrote:Mitch said
Yeah mine came with a lot of stuff also and was A$179.00 however I had to take a chance and bid much higher than that to secure my bid-win.
Yes it does use RMS threads.

By the way, these instruments are built "like a Sherman tank", or like a "Brick Outhouse" as we would say in Australia, maybe not so politely. :wink:

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

At those kinds of prices, I think I will bid on the next one that comes up. The number of optional equipment available is heartening. :)

I will be looking forward to your images from yours. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic