a smiley made of poppy corns

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lothman

a smiley made of poppy corns

Post by lothman »

Just playing around on a boring sunday 8)

stacked from 28 pics, Canon 2,8/30 macro lens. By the way I need a focus block withe coarse and fine adjustment - suggestions?

Regards
Lothman

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: a smiley made of poppy corns

Post by rjlittlefield »

Seeds are fun! This post should be over in the Technical and Studio forum, though, because the subjects are manipulated. I will move it in a moment.
lothman wrote: By the way I need a focus block withe coarse and fine adjustment - suggestions?
The most popular strategies seem to be milling tables and microscope bases / focus blocks.

I see you've posted in the focus block thread, so you know about that one. Read carefully the whole thread to see more options. It seems that essentially the same focus mechanism is used throughout the Olympus BH and CH series, but it is integrated differently in different scopes. Sometimes the focus block is a separate unit, other times it is built into the scope base. Olympus CH bases seem to come up fairly frequently on eBay. This CH base recently sold for a good price ($78.11), probably due to various defects that don't affect the focus mechanism. Somebody also got a good deal on this BHMJ block ($76.00).

For more information about milling tables, search the forum for Proxxon. There is relevant discussion in this topic.

--Rik

Edit: to add price information for eBay links that will rot soon.
Last edited by rjlittlefield on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Interesting seeds. What's that weird hilight bottom right of the pic?
Somebody also got a good deal on this BHMJ block.
I was _that_ close to bidding on that block, I resisted as I recently picked up a whole BHA base which I've hacksawed the top off of..

lothman

Post by lothman »

lauriek wrote:Interesting seeds. What's that weird hilight bottom right of the pic?
I used a double sided transparent adhesive tape, so this are some air bubbles.

lothman

Re: a smiley made of poppy corns

Post by lothman »

rjlittlefield wrote:The most popular strategies seem to be milling tables and microscope bases / focus blocks.
Thanks Rik for your qualified and helpful hints. It's apitty that focus blocks are very rare on europe and lot of sellers do not ship or charge a lot for shipping. Thanks macro photography educates in patience :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic