Bombus, again

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

johan

Bombus, again

Post by johan »

Better than the first effort, I think...

80mm Componon with tissue paper instead this time

My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

This one suits my tastes better. That other one was attention-grabbing, though!

Nice job on the stacking -- even the full sized version looks very clean.

--Rik

BugEZ

Bath?

Post by BugEZ »

I like this image. It is very crisp and the eyes are especially clear and clean.

A question about the prep for the shot: Did you give the bee a bath? I ask because of the "spikey" patches in the bee's hair, particularly between the eyes. I have had similar "spikey" appearance when I have washed bees then dried them with a blow dryer. I don't observe spikes with unwashed bees or wasps. I don't have a fine enough comb or brush to get rid of the spikes. I have considered using a "comb" from an appendage but have not tried that.

Once again a very lovely image!

Keith

johan

Post by johan »

Thank you gents, appreciated.

This one appeals more to me as well - with the orange background one I was trying to be too clever I think by echoing orange tones that were also on the bottom (proboscis) but I used an overly light orange. Uh well, lesson learned. What a paradox, I spend ages working out how to make any background colour yet I find it quite hard to actually choose the right background.

Keith, I didn't gave it a bath myself - but when it was delivered to me by my kids it was sodding wet, it was pouring down buckets outside. So yes the spikyness is water
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic