Trophallaxis

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

remy

Trophallaxis

Post by remy »

Hello everyone! Just two shots of a common ant behaviour. Feeding!
I hope you like them,

Remy

Both shots are taken with a350D+100mm+34 ext tubes and a 430Ex diffused flash.

(Admin edit: to fix [img] tag and tweak title)

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Hola remy,

A very nice image! (I can see only one of the two you mentioned.)
Your method of diffusion has worked very well.

Just for the search function: A more common spelling would be trophallaxis.
The ants pictured belong to a species of the genus Camponotus.

--Betty

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

remy, I see this is your second image post, but I have not welcomed you to the forums, so... Welcome to the forums! :D

These pictures are excellent! The 100 mm lens allowed you a lower angle than most shots that we see. This gives a very nice feeling of being in the picture with the ants instead of looking down on them.

Betty, the first picture was not appearing due to a glitch in the [img] tag. There was an invisible <return> between the ".jpg" and the ending tag. I fixed that problem, and also tweaked the title to use the standard spelling that you pointed out.

--Rik

remy

Post by remy »

Planapo wrote:Hola remy,

A very nice image! (I can see only one of the two you mentioned.)
Your method of diffusion has worked very well.

Just for the search function: A more common spelling would be trophallaxis.
The ants pictured belong to a species of the genus Camponotus.

--Betty
Thank you very much for the comment! About the title:first I just heard the name and when I wrote in Google it appear like that Trofalaxix but I´m sure you´re right.(i´m gonna change it)
Regards,
Remy

remy

Post by remy »

rjlittlefield wrote:remy, I see this is your second image post, but I have not welcomed you to the forums, so... Welcome to the forums! :D

These pictures are excellent! The 100 mm lens allowed you a lower angle than most shots that we see. This gives a very nice feeling of being in the picture with the ants instead of looking down on them.

Betty, the first picture was not appearing due to a glitch in the [img] tag. There was an invisible <return> between the ".jpg" and the ending tag. I fixed that problem, and also tweaked the title to use the standard spelling that you pointed out.

--Rik
Glad you like them! and thanks for your help with the post problem.
Regards,
Remy

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Oh, I see! "Trofalaxis" must be the standard spelling in Spanish. If you type that into a Google search, the first hit is to the Spanish language page in Wikipedia, corresponding to the "Trophallaxis" page in English. Google also suggests "trophallaxis" as an alternate spelling. Total pages found would be 645 for "trofalaxis", versus 18,700 for "trophallaxis".

You're very welcome for the tag fix. Those invisible glitches can drive you crazy the first couple of times they happen.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic