Schneider Xenoplan 23 mm f/1.4 stacked on Schneider Makro-Symmar 120 mm f/5.9

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Re: Schneider Xenoplan 23 mm f/1.4 stacked on Schneider Makro-Symmar 120 mm f/5.9

Post by RobertOToole »

dickb wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:06 pm
I've noticed a fair number of inconsistencies in their drawings as well. BTW, they did adapt the APO XNP 1.4/23 drawing, it has the longer C mount focussing adapter compared to the regular XNP 1.4/23.
True, but they did omit the important "APO" on the lens body when the other APO lens drawings are clearly labeled APO.
I'd say the APO-XNP series are marketed as higher end over the normal XNP, irrespective of them being Anti-Shading or not. The 2.0/28 I mentioned before is a non-APO Anti-Shading XNP..
I only mentioned that since Schneider themselves set the lenses up by coverage from the low-end 1 inch IC Cinegons at the bottom to the high-end Xenon-Diamond with 82mm IC at the very top. They even structure their presentations that way from sensor size, small to large. That said something the literature is presented flipped, high-end at the bottom and low-end at the top, but I think you know what I mean.

In the two catalog screen captures I posted earlier in the thread the XNP and APO-XNPs for 2/3" sensors, optimized for Sony ICX 625 (5 MP) sensors are marketed below the Anti-shading 1.3" lenses optimized for Kodak 4MP and 8MP sensors with microlenses. It makes sense from a sales and marketing standpoint.

Best,

Robert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic