Looking for serial numbers: Laowa 100mm 2x EF automatic with RF compatibility

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ichthyophthirius

Looking for serial numbers: Laowa 100mm 2x EF automatic with RF compatibility

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

Hi,

As I mentioned in another thread, there are examples of the Laowa 100mm Macro 2x f2.8 EF version (automatic aperture) that are not fully compatible with Canon RF mount cameras. Although they are lenses for full frame sensor, when mounted to a Canon Rx, they force the camera into crop mode (1.6x) just like an EF-S lens would do.

I contacted Laowa but they never responded. According to a few sources, that's an issue with the lens chip in early versions of this lens and newer examples will work with an RF adapter.

My question: Does anyone here have the serial number of an example of this lens that works full frame on a Canon Rx? The serial number is written on a small card in the lens box. Serial numbers of examples that don't work would also be useful. Sharing the serials would make the search of a fully working lens easier.

I'll make a start. Serial:
C006194 : forces crop mode

Regards, Ichty

This is the setup in question: Canon RP + automatic EF-RF adapter + Laowa 100mm Macro 2x EF automatic
100mm.jpg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic