Help using a Nikon D200 with a compound binocular microscope

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

robinlew

Help using a Nikon D200 with a compound binocular microscope

Post by robinlew »

Help - advice please.
I use my compound binocular microscope, mostly at 400x and 600x, to view pollen and spores from sediment, but also fresh.
I want to take good quality photos, and I already have a Nikon D200.
My microscope is a binocular, not a trinocular and upgrading is not possible.
So my question is, what is the best way to connect the Nikon to the microscope eyepiece tube to give me the ease of use and also good results?
Any help will be very gratefully received, since I am familiar with microscopes but not so much with cameras.
I understand that some 35mm adapters have a periscope veiwfinder, since the D200 does not have live view.
And it is a heavy camera.
I have read that the Canon EOS 400D is a good camera - is it worth investing?
Thanks in advance.
The microscope is an MT160 from Brunel - a bargain binocular which does a very good job. But one day I might need to upgrade....

Pitufo

Post by Pitufo »

I have (somewhere) a Unilink (I think it's called) which Brunel used to sell - maybe they still do. It mounts on an eyepiece.

I also have a Nikon camera Coolpix P5000 to go with it. You can have both for a very reasonable price. PM me if interested.

It's a basic set up but works pretty well and probably not a bad match for that microscope.

Kind regards,

John

Alan Wood

Post by Alan Wood »

Avoid the Canon EOS 400D because it does not have Live View.

Suitable Canons are listed here:

http://www.alanwood.net/photography/oly ... gital.html

Alan Wood

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic