Efficient concentrated LED for macro VIDEO

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Carmen

Efficient concentrated LED for macro VIDEO

Post by Carmen »

Hello forum :)

My aim is to capture video of live insects at approx' 2x -in the field!

To this end, an efficient, concentrated, continous, and portable LED light source, suitable for video, is sought. It would be gratifying if it were as bright as an electronic flash, and concentrated in an area of approx' 30x50mm.

Additionally, the illuminator candidate should be practical for the field: battery powered, easily mounted and dismounted, and weigh no more than a speedlite flash.

Any tips, suggestions, considerations would be greatly appreciated!

thnx! :)

Caddo

Post by Caddo »

Carmen,

I might suggest checking out "LumeCube" led lights. They are small, have ten brightness settings and at max power I believe they produce 1500 lumens.

Full power lasts about 20-30 minutes but at lower settings a fair bit longer.

Cheers,
caddo

Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Thank you Caddo! looks like a good candidate!

IF 1600 lumen output is comparable to the output a 100 watt incandescent light bulb*, THEN ¿would it be reasonable to expect its 1500 lumen output to appear even brighter due to its concentration in a much smaller area?

At a distance of 10cm to insect, ¿how much brighter would this LumeCube LED be, relative to ordinary sun light at mid day? ¿Any idea??

I need really intense bright light for optimum results at desired magnfication and small aperture. If possible, 4 or 5 apertures brighter than sun light. I trust you understand my concern!

thank you!
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumen_(unit)
Caddo wrote:Carmen,

I might suggest checking out "LumeCube" led lights. They are small, have ten brightness settings and at max power I believe they produce 1500 lumens.

Full power lasts about 20-30 minutes but at lower settings a fair bit longer.

Cheers,
caddo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic