new telecentric lenses at Edmund Optics

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

new telecentric lenses at Edmund Optics

Post by rjlittlefield »

From the rear cover of Edmund Optics catalog B171C, Master Source Book:

The URL given for more info is http://www.edmundoptics.com/titantl .

The lens being held appears to be their #34-018, specified as 0.093X, Horizontal FOV 186.3 mm on 4/3" sensor. List price $8950.

It looks to me like the "242mm" spec shown in the illustration refers to image diagonal, 22.5 mm for a 4/3 sensor at 0.093X = 242 mm.

They have smaller ones, of course.

--Rik

austrokiwi1

Post by austrokiwi1 »

WOW! I cringe at the strain that monster would put on the Camera mount
Still learning,
Cameras' Sony A7rII, OLympus OMD-EM10II
Macro lenses: Printing nikkor 105mm, Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G, Schneider Kreuznach Makro Iris 50mm , 2.8, Schnieder Kreuznach APO Componon HM 40mm F2.8 , Mamiya 645 120mm F4 Macro ( used with mirex tilt shift adapter), Olympus 135mm 4.5 bellows lens, Oly 80mm bellows lens, Olympus 60mm F2.8

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Fortunately, the weight of the camera would probably place negligible strain on the mounting flange of the lens, which is specified as 8 x 8mm through holes. :shock:

I don't see that they specify the weight of the lens, but I expect that their engineering staff would have that number handy.

--Rik

siliconGary

Post by siliconGary »

So who would the customers be for this type of lens and what sort of things would they photograph with it?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

siliconGary wrote:So who would the customers be for this type of lens and what sort of things would they photograph with it?
Factories, I expect.

From the website,
TECHSPEC® TitanTL™ Telecentric Lenses are designed for machine vision systems and metrology applications that require a large field of view.
Typical applications include automotive and electronic inspection, measurement and gauging applications.
--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic