First Mitutoyo 7.5/0.21 tests

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

seta666

First Mitutoyo 7.5/0.21 tests

Post by seta666 »

Hello,

Long time I do not show myself here; after a couple of years where I have not been able to concentrate on photography I would like to think I am finally back ;-)

I was lucky enough to grab a " like new" Mitutoyo 7.5/0.21 a couple of weeks ago (Jotafoto too); it has been on my want list for few year. Now that I have it I have to say I love it. I would recommend you to get one if you can, it is not a very common lens.

Camera used for this test is a Sony NEX-5N.

Together with the raynox DCR-250 it can go down to 4.5X on APS-C with good performance across the picture.

This is a fly picture I am not very happy about, still it shows what this lens can do, I would say it outresolves the camera sensor.

280 shots with 0,7mm steps

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/596/33057 ... e24c_o.jpg

And now two shots at 7.8X with DCR-150 as tube lens, subject is a Chrysochroa Buqueti

First one is 150 shots

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/730/33015 ... 970c_o.jpg

Second one is 90 shots

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3804/3305 ... 5d33_o.jpg

Hope you like them

Javier
Last edited by seta666 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

Wow. The details on the fly hairs are astonishing. Great shots.

And as you say - a great lens too by the look of it. You've made me wonder if I'm squeezing all the detail possible out of my 5x and 10x mitties now! More testing and tweaking to do methinks.

Saul

Post by Saul »

Welcome back Javier !!!
What is your new Flickr address ?
Saul
μ-stuff

seta666

Post by seta666 »

@ Beasty If you have good copies of the Mitutoyou you can squeeze a lot of detail for sure.
The good thing about them is that if you work with APS-C cameras together with the DCR-250 you can get very good performance at almost half the magnification they were designed for.

@ Saul. My flickr has been closed for ages, I had to close it after I found my images were used without my consent. I plan to open the new one but I do not want to post small size pictures or watermark them. Sorting this out is on my "to do" list.

Regards
Javier

abpho

Post by abpho »

Javier!!! Yay. Good to see you again. Looks like 2017 is the year we all come back to photomacrography.

Nice work with the 7.5x. I missed that lens by a day. I ended up getting a "still new" Mitty 20x for around 43% off the new price. It was a gamble. Caused me a lot of stress. Given my latest results, and the praise from the kind folks here, I believe I got a keeper.
seta666 wrote:...my images were used without my consent.
Can you blame them? Your work is top notch. Pure mind blow. I once did a reverse search of my flickr images and found one that was stolen. That a picture of my girl wearing the cowboy hat. The rest of the body was added by the "thief". I LMAO and didn't bother saying anything.

PS: You have to put your mouse on the image in the link for the clip to play. And that is one my favourite movies.
I'm in Canada! Isn't that weird?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic