Nikon Eclipse E800 Disassembly - Urgent Help Needed Please

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

adamski

Nikon Eclipse E800 Disassembly - Urgent Help Needed Please

Post by adamski »

Hello dear colleagues,

I require help with disassembly of few components on Nikon Eclipse E800 microscope. I bought this microscope oversea but unfortunately it weighs to much for affordable delivery option. I need to send some basic instructions on how to remove components shown on the photo below. I think I need to reduce weight by another 1kg.

Could any one help please and let me know how to remove these components? It looks like the white part on the top of the microscope body weigh most, how to remove it? This microscope has also Universal C-CU condenser which is most important to me, how is it attached? Also DIC 6x nose piece, how is it held on the body?

Thank you for all your kind help.

mtuell

Post by mtuell »

I haven't seen one personally, but the manual is available on my site, in the "operations manuals" section. It does describe how to assemble it, so I'm assuming disassembly will have some relation to this.

The box on top, which I don't know what is in there, is what they are calling a "standard module", which is connected by four hex head bolts and two locating pins. I don't know the orientation of the bolts / pins.

Other than the Nikon manual, I found this, which is a user manual that describes how to run it, but not how to assemble /disassemble, but it may be of interest, discussing DIC and fluorescence operations. http://uic.umn.edu/sites/uic.umn.edu/fi ... l_v1.1.pdf. Here is another one
https://sharedresources.fredhutch.org/s ... ions_0.pdf

They don't seem too helpful for disassembly. But I agree, the components you are pointing to should be removable.

Good luck,
Mike

adamski

Post by adamski »

Hi Mike, great help.
It reads from manual which is available on your website that most these parts are held by clamp/screw so should be easy enough to remove them I hope.

Now, the stage and condenser holder is most important to me, according to manual on the right side of sub stage there is hexagonal screw which clamps stage on microscope body. Question is when you slacken this clamp does the stage have to be removed by pulling it up or down? I attached some photos below. I am pretty sure that other Eclipse microscopes for example E600 have same mechanism so hopefully someone will comment with practical experience. Cheers

mtuell

Post by mtuell »

I don't know about this model, but with the Optiphot and Diaphot, when a similar stage adjustment screw is loosened, the stage comes up and right off the dovetail without a problem.

Good luck!
Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic