Leitz Laborlux D - any thoughts?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyk-Cyk

Leitz Laborlux D - any thoughts?

Post by Cyk-Cyk »

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. but I'm reading it for a quite long time.

I'm planning to upgrade my current setup, which is Motic B2. I was reviewing ebay, looking for some good offer. I found following set
LEITZ LABORLUX D

Is this something worth buying? Can I use other 160mm lenses?

In the beginning I was thinking about Nikon E600/E800, or Olympus BX50, but price is to high. Now I was looking for Optiphot 2, but now I found this.
BR,
Lukasz

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Cyk-Cyk, welcome aboard!

I think it's an excellent microscope for the price (and equipped for fluorescence!). Only the bundled objectives could reach the full value, the only clearly inferior is the EF 10X but it's not bad.

BTW a new high end Oly BX or Nikon Eclipse will be better but..$$$$
Pau

bernhardinho

Post by bernhardinho »

Hi Lukasz

I own 2 of these stands and I love them. If this thing works as promised in the description I would rate that a very good bargain.

It is not clear if the fluorescence filter cubes are included and you will also have to look out for phase objectives ( I see the 100 PH3 and that´s it). But the bright field optics here are excellent! You can of course use any 160mm optics, but will not necessarily harmonize with the eyepieces. I would go for Leitz NPL or PL Fluotars. Those are great!!

But still: if had plans to buy a microscope and had the money- I wouldn´t hesitate a minute.

Kind regards

Bernhard

Cyk-Cyk

Post by Cyk-Cyk »

bernhardinho wrote:Hi Lukasz

I own 2 of these stands and I love them. If this thing works as promised in the description I would rate that a very good bargain.

It is not clear if the fluorescence filter cubes are included and you will also have to look out for phase objectives ( I see the 100 PH3 and that´s it). But the bright field optics here are excellent! You can of course use any 160mm optics, but will not necessarily harmonize with the eyepieces. I would go for Leitz NPL or PL Fluotars. Those are great!!

But still: if had plans to buy a microscope and had the money- I wouldn´t hesitate a minute.

Kind regards

Bernhard
Hi Bernhard,

I think I'll go for it :)

Do you have maybe any manuals, brochures for it? I was looking in the network, but I haven't found much.

I went thru lenses you mention and I must admit that prices are quite low.
BR,
Lukasz

Cyk-Cyk

Post by Cyk-Cyk »

I've just agree with seller and I payed for this microscope $1099 with shipping. I hope this was a good decision.

It should be at my place in ~2 weeks.

I'm starting looking for polarization.
BR,
Lukasz

bernhardinho

Post by bernhardinho »

Hi Lukasz

Congratulations!! I think that`s an excellent deal!

I`m sure you will like the scope!

Regarding the manual, all I have is in German! Look here for instance:

http://earth2geologists.net/Microscopes ... ctions.pdf

It`s not the "D" but very similar.

Have fun with it!

Bernhard

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic