Idea of Modify a Inside-Lens-Mold Olympus CK2

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

yanyading

Idea of Modify a Inside-Lens-Mold Olympus CK2

Post by yanyading »

The inside 2 of 3 set lenses are all unhopefully gone wrong (the glue has problem), the first option is break all the inside lens and to use infinity objectives, however, I don't know is it ok to observe without a proper tube lens, it looks the tube length is not 160mm, 360mm instead. Anyone know this, please advise, thanks.

The another idea is install a CCD/CMOS high resolution USB camera (webcam like Logitech Pro9000 with 1600*1200, Mono AstroCam like QHY5 with 1280*1024) at the bottom metal board of the microscope body, the tube length would be approximately 145mm which looks not a fatal problem for 160mm objective.

Any ideas? Thank you all...
--
UV is the Key to High Resolution Microscopy

yanyading

Post by yanyading »

Er... no one knows can I use infinity objectives without tube lens? Or I am stupid to repair such a inverted microscope in that way? :) :? :P
--

DaveBH

Post by DaveBH »

Hi - I would think if the internal lenses are delaminating, then any prisms in there would also need very close inspection.

From one tinkerer to another, I sympathise with your desire to make use of finely-engineered, abandoned hardware. But the odds need to be pretty good that it will work when you're done.
Sorry I can't help with specifics on this 'scope, but it doesn't appear to me as straightforward a project as a 'simple tube'.

Wishing you luck, in any case
DaveBH

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

yanyading wrote:Er... no one knows can I use infinity objectives without tube lens?
In general: Without a tube lens, infinity objectives will make soft images. See image quality when 50X NA 0.55 infinity objective is used as finite. That problem gets worse at higher magnifications (larger NA). Also there will be a focus shift so your objectives will not be parfocal. The focus shift gets worse at lower magnifications and can be several mm at 10X. None of the objectives will give rated magnification.

I don't know anything about this particular model of scope.

--Rik

yanyading

Post by yanyading »

Thank you all, I am watching Logitech C910 webcam... as ccd part
--

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic