Ambush Bug!

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Ambush Bug!

Post by Ken Ramos »

Poor little guy, looks like you know what? :lol: Well I finally ditched my aged Photo Impact 6 software for Adobe PS Elements 4.0 Still having a bit of a time with it but I'm getting there. This little moth was my first shot at using PhotoShop. I always heard or read that the first time one uses PhotoShop it can be a pain, being used to Photo Impact 6 and its very user friendly format, I can understand why but I think I am going to get to like PS Elements :D

Canon Rebel XT
1/200 sec. @ f/6.3 ISO 100
430EX Canon Speedlite (-2/3)
EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Canon Macro USM
Last edited by Ken Ramos on Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

I don't know Ken... think you've got yourself a cool looking ambush bug there.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/132
Last edited by Charles Krebs on Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Very nice shot Ken. What you have here is an ambush bug, Order Hemiptera - True Bugs.....Family Phymatidae. They mostly wait around on flowers ready to pounce on anything they can suck the juice out of. Cute little critters :shock: You can just see the front legs on yours, they are like praying mantis forelegs, designed to snap out and hold on to their prey. http://bugguide.net/node/view/16518/bgimage (yours is not as prickly) Charles...you beat me to it by a few minutes :D
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

LIB (Southern for: "Well I Be") Looked like some kind of tiny moth to me. My eyes are getting old I guess. Looks as though I will have to change the title of the post. Thanks guys! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic